- I am an introvert. I admit it I like to spend time alone. I’ve even been known to go to movies by myself. Given the choice between spending an evening curled up with a good book or going out, you can usually find me with the book.
- I write with particular movies in the background. Some people like mood music, I like mood movies. I’ve got a few in my collection that I watch a lot including, Interview with the Vampire, Sleepy Hollow, Sweeny Todd, The Lost Boys and The Avengers. I’ve also been known to work with The West Wing, Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Firefly episodes playing. I’m not sure why but sometimes I prefer spoken word to music as I work.
- I loves living in Santa Cruz. There are a lot of artists in the area and we have the best of most worlds all within about a 30 minute drive. I happen to live in the mountains but in twenty minutes I can be at the Beach Boardwalk. In five minutes I can be walking among California Redwoods. In about fifteen minutes I can be in the city of Santa Cruz with its funky shops and excellent atmosphere. It’s a great place to live and work.
- I have worked for the elections department in Santa Cruz County. It was a job that taught me more about the elections process than I ever wanted to learn. I got to meet some wonderful people too.
- I really do hate talking or writing about myself. I prefer to let my characters and fiction do the talking for me.
- I have read all the Twilight books though I don’t believe vampires should sparkle and that’s all I’ll say about that.
- I go through moods when I don’t read at all. I go through phases with my reading. There are times when I can’t get new books fast enough, I plow through them and move on to the next. Then there are times when finishing even a page of reading is akin to pulling teeth.
- I can be very punny though most are inadvertent. I admit I have a strange sense of humor and I have been known to make bad puns. I also have to admit that a lot of them aren’t planned they just come about in normal conversation.
- I have eclectic taste in music. Yep it’s true, I listen to a lot of different kinds of music from classical to heavy metal. The only kinds of music that I don’t really like are rap and speed metal. I like melodies and to be able to understand the lyrics.
- Has been to 3 Bon Jovi concerts and would love to go to more. One at the Forum in LA with a friend who came down to visit from Oregon for the show. The second at the forum again with a different friend. The last and most recent was at the SAP Center in San Jose with another writer.
To the outside world, Morgan Blackstone is an eccentric business woman. But, in her chest beats the undead heart of a 21st century vampire. Behind the doors of her nightclub, The Dracul, Morgan rules with an iron fist in a velvet glove.
After a long night of wrangling unruly supernatural customers, she is looking forward to some peace… but unbeknownst to her, there are other vampires who are conspiring against her. Just before dawn, in the deserted parking lot, she comes face-to-face with two old adversaries, one of which she had last seen being sealed in a tomb, 400 years before.
Overpowered by her attackers, Morgan wakes inside the lab of an unscrupulous doctor. Held against her will, subjected to experiments, she soon realizes that something has begun to burn within her veins…
Something that she knows will kill her.
Buy Now @ Amazon
Genre - Paranormal Urban Fantasy
Rating – PG-13
More details about the author